Marty Pauley wrote:
> tv (look, no dots) is a host too, although a lot of
> applications need to be kicked hard before they will
> resolve it: the lack of dots seem to confuse them.

And some hosts will get the wrong answer if you also have a host called 'tv'
in your local domain and your resolver library has a default domain it can
tack onto things to save you from typing
sun2.awfully.long.company.domain.name all the time when you can just write
'sun2'.

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.