Mark Fowler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Erk! At 300usd I'd expect to be able to read my mail on them too!
> Are there similar kinds of thing in the 0->60ukp mark[1]

To my ears the Sony studio grade headphones sound very good, and should be
well within that price range.  Make sure the frequency response specified
is at least 10Hz to 20kHz.

For instance, this model:

http://www.sonystyle.com/electronics/prd.jsp?hierc=8632x8746x8750&catid=8750&pid=4070&type=s

Specifies:

Impedance: 24 ohms
Frequency Response: 10 -- 25,000 Hz

Which is pretty good as headphones go.  The impedance is a bit low, but as
long as you turn the volume down it shouldn't be too much of a battery
drain.  That model is listed as USD 80, so should be within your budget.
You might even be able to find a more portable version of the headphones
that has the same specs, I have a pair that folds up into a space only
slightly larger than a tennis ball and yet has the same stats as the
above.
--
   Sam Vilain, [EMAIL PROTECTED]     WWW: http://sam.vilain.net/
    7D74 2A09 B2D3 C30F F78E      GPG: http://sam.vilain.net/sam.asc

Hi, I'm a .signature virus!  Copy me into your ~/.signature, please!