From: Kate L Pugh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 9/20/01 1:38:39 PM

>On Wed 19 Sep 2001, Kate L Pugh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Some of us are going to check out the Three Cups in
>> Holborn tonight, in the hope that it will be a Nice Pub
>> where we can have future social meets.
>
> And we did, and here are some details. First the
> checklist.

[detail snipped]

> Total score 4 + beer score. This seems a lot; maybe I am
> weighting it too much because of the function room.

[loo details snipped]

> The managers are very friendly. They only took over the
> place a week ago, at very short notice, hence the food
> menu not being entirely sorted out yet. They hope to get
> it sorted soon; but in any case they would certainly be
> able to do things other than chips and burgers if we
> booked the function room (ie advance notice).
>
> There is no bar in the function room; the suggestions
> they gave for getting around this include selling us beer
> in multiple-pint jugs and wine in bottles; us ringing
> down to the bar with our drink orders; them coming up
> every so often to check if we want more drinks. I assume
> we would also be free to trundle up and down the stairs
> ourselves.

Well done team. An excellent report.

On the basis of this I'm quite happy to recommend that we try
out the Three Cups for the October meeting. Can someone in the
area please check out the function room's availability on Thurs
Oct 4th.

Dave...

--
<http://www.dave.org.uk>

Mention The Lord of the Rings just once more and I'll more than
likely kill you,
"Moorcock! Moorcock! Michael Moorcock!" you fervently moan.
   - Half Man Half Biscuit (Dickie Davies Eyes)