On Thu 20 Sep 2001, Dave Cross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On the basis of this I'm quite happy to recommend that we try
> out the Three Cups for the October meeting. Can someone in the
> area please check out the function room's availability on Thurs
> Oct 4th.

[and last night I volunteered to do the booking]

OK, the function room is booked for 6pm on Thursday 4 October (if
people want to go along earlier than this, the downstairs bar is also
a fine place for a pint).

Seating: there are currently 28 seats in the function room with space
for more. The manager is going to see how many other chairs she can
spare to put up there. I am not sure how many seats a group of 40-ish
people actually needs at any one time, since people are always moving
around and congregating in standing-up groups and so on. I don't think
there is going to be any more of a seating problem (if any) than there
was at last month's PO meet.

Food: we agreed that they will offer the lunchtime bar food menu. This
includes burgers and scampi and other with-chips things, and sandwichy
things. If people want something more than this for this month then I
think we would have to sort it out in advance and give them numbers;
as I said in the previous report they are still getting themselves
settled in to the place. They are going to check whether the veggie
burger is vegan and sort out something extra if not.

Have I done anything wrong or forgotten anything important?

Kake