* Dave Cross ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Greg recently persuaded me that this wasn't as bad as I thought
> it would be, so I watched it. He was _so_ wrong.

This could contain spoilers .......

First C.A. is never going to bring you to a new level of
enlightenment, nor shall it move you to feel emotions more
extremely than you ever have before, however if you leave your
film geek hat outside of the cinema you may just find that
you enjoy it. Here are some of the reasons I enjoyed it.

*The thin man.

This is a great character, it could be straight out of a Dick
Tracy toon, his smoking action is wonderful. Beautifully overacted
stuff.

*The sound track.

Wonderful sound track, from the plethora of Angel related songs
(Just call me angel of the morning, etc.) to just good backing
tracks for scenes (Smack my bitch up).

*The Angel gets shot, but err no she doesn't scene.

This was very true to old 60's/70's TV shows, if this had of
been a TV show instead of a film, they would of went for a break
just as she had been `shot', if your going to recreate a TV
show, be true to the original, this was.

*"First your going to help me out, then i'm going to leap over
your head and kick you three, then i'm gonna break his nose" -
or words to that effect.

Great scene and ending with moon walking, wonderful.

*Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde

The geek's reversal from innocent computer geek to evil genius is
wonderfully over done. When he's good he wears geek clothes and
is a bit naive, but then whats this he's evil, he's wearing black
and look he's smoking and he can now dance as well! Sheesh how
evil is that!

I liked it, but then again I like leaving my critical side outside
and just enjoying some harmless fun for an hour and a half.

Greg

--
Greg McCarroll                                 http://217.34.97.146/~gem/