On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Kate L Pugh wrote:

> Here's the post of Tony Finch's to oxbridge.tat (yes, I have his
> permission to repost it) that persuaded me to buy this book. Below
> it is my reply, which is less well-written, but has excerpts.

I went and got this from one of our libraries today.  It's fantastic.
He has good points to make with plenty of illustrative examples.  Add
to that the considered bitchyness he applies to all that is wrong
(rivalled only by a select few astrophysics papers I've read) and it
becomes a pleasure to read.

I'm tired now, but I'm glad I finished it.  Everyone else should as well.

Alex Gough
--
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but
it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.