On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Remember that Dim Sum isn't exactly vegetarian friendly. He said doing
> that 'understatement' thing.

Yeah no frickin' kidding. I've been twice with my fiance & her family, and
I'll be [a] the only vegetarian at the table, and [b] the only one that
isn't speaking in Chinese the whole time (including the staff). The staff
will come by with a cart full of mystery stuff, which might or might not
look appetizing but it seems like *all of it* has pork or something in it,
but you can't ask because everyone is shouting in, again, Chinese and,
again, I don't speak a single word of Chinese and apparently will never be
able to (but that's ok, maybe they'll never speak Latin, or Perl, or even
Perligata, so ha!).

It's great theatre but, for a non{speaker,carnivore}, a frustrating meal.

YMMV.

--
Chris Devers

"People with machines that think, will in times of crisis,
make up stuff and attribute it to me" - "Nikla-nostra-debo"