One shilling = 5p

One ten bob note = 50p

-----Original Message-----
From: David Cantrell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 20 November 2001 16:35
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Old ten pound note

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> In particular, "the Bank will pay out the face value of any genuine Bank
of
> England note no matter how old".

I wonder how they would pay out on a note denominated in shillings?

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  Some people, when confronted with a problem, think ``I know, I'll use
  regular expressions.'' Now they have two problems.        -- jwz

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and solely
for the intended addressee(s). Unauthorised reproduction, disclosure,
modification, and/or distribution of this email may be unlawful. If you
have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete it from your system. The views expressed in this message
do not necessarily reflect those of LIFFE (Holdings) Plc or any of its
subsidiary companies.