On Sun, 2002-01-06 at 19:24, Chris Devers wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 09:49:11PM +0000, Greg McCarroll wrote:
> >
> > Ack, I mean't to say top 5 songs (damn)
>
> Cheating, but I think more in terms of albums than songs...
>
>   %top_five_albums = {
>     "Miles Davis"    => "Kind of Blue",
>     "The Beatles"    => "Abbey Road",
>     "Fugazi"         => "Repeater",
>     "Morphine"       => "Cure for Pain",
>     "Public Enemy"   => "Fear of a Black Planet"
>   };

Remarkably close to my list, but we're both USians, so that may not be
so surprising.  I like Rubber Soul or Revolver better than Abbey Road,
and prefer to have Coltrane lead the band rather than just play in it.

I have no idea why Morphine wasn't the biggest band in the world.

While I can't decide which one to remove, my list has to include
something by Alex Chilton/Big Star.

--
mike