On 7 Jan 2002, Mike Jarvis wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-01-07 at 13:05, Chris Devers wrote:
>
> > Massive Attack's Mezzanine almost made the list,
>
> very clever, one modern album to show that you're still hip. ;)

...but then, 1998 isn't so recent anymore :)

Anyway, it's not that the others are "old", it's that they're "proven."

Just like Unix, for that matter :)

> My autobiographical snippit has to do with my as yet unnamed Big
> Star/Alex Chilton album (ok, I'll stand with "Like Flies on Sherbert").

Ok then, "Man or Astroman?" and "Mighty Mighty Bosstones", both of which
I've seen half a dozen or ten times in the mid/late 90s. I haven't seen
any performer 50 times (unless Homer Simpson counts :), and I'm not sure
I'd want to, but hey. I don't get the Dead, Phish, or Cure either :)

> > So, to pick a random theme, what would be your top five theme songs for a
> > hypothetical Lpm haxxor movie?
>
> One Borboun, One Scotch, One Beer - George Thorogood
> Why Don't We Get Drunk - Jimmy Buffet
> Hymn for the Alcohol  - Hefner

Bourbon & Division - Firewater
$anything_of_your_choice_by - Tom Waits

:)

--
Chris Devers

"People with machines that think, will in times of crisis,
make up stuff and attribute it to me" - "Nikla-nostra-debo"