Frank Willison. Here's the link where they announce his death and
reprint many of his quotes

http://www.oreilly.com/news/frank_0701.html

Ob Perl Reference - Frank On Perl Evangelists:
"One word of warning: if you meet a bunch of Perl programmers on the bus
or something, don't look them in the eye. They've been known to try to
convert the young into Perl monks."