Andy Wardley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 12:21:54PM +0000, Piers Cawley wrote:
>> Don't think of CATCH/POST/NEXT as keywords, think of them as named
>> blocks that perl might call later.
>
> Sounds like a great rationale, but I'm afraid it still doesn't cut it
> with me.  Any language where you have 'try { }' but 'CATCH { }' and
> 'last' but 'NEXT' is inconsistent from where I'm standing.

Um... how can I put this.

You have last and LAST; and next and NEXT. The lower case thing is
the thing that throws the 'exception', the upper case thing is the
thing that catches it. They're two sides of the coin.

--
Piers

   "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a language in
    possession of a rich syntax must be in need of a rewrite."
         -- Jane Austen?