On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 01:51:15PM +0000, Chris Ball wrote:
> I don't understand.  How is this behaviour different to having both eval
> {} and BEGIN {} in perl5?

Hey, I'm not saying Perl 5 is consistent, either!

But in Perl 5, I can live with the fact that you occassionally come
across a special block like BEGIN which typically lives at the top of
a file, nicely out of the way of mainstream code.

I can also appreciate Larry's intent on standardising the capitalisation
so that all MAGIC Perl blocks are capitalised.

But the end result is that try and CATCH (and others) which go together
like knife and FORK, have different capitalisations.  The fact that the
one happens to be implemented as a keyword and one as a block is like
saying that one is a cutting object and one is a pronging tool.

Common sense tells me it's not right.