In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Roger Burton West <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Because purchasing decisions are made by people who don't have to work
> with the systems;

Not always the case, though.  At easynet, the final monetary say might be
in the hands of the higher Gods, but purchasing decisions are made very
much on the "shop floor".  If you can justify it business-wise, you can
have it.

> Because those people still think that, by dealing with a single
> established company, they have some recourse if things go wrong;

It depends which company you're talking about, I suppose, but that's one
of the reasons people buy the Suns and Compaqs of the world, to have that
kind of "It's 3am, it's all gone to arse, panic" backup.

> Because those people persist in judging the value of a thing by its
> cost.

In these times, unfortunately, that can be the life or death of a company.
--
rob partington % [EMAIL PROTECTED] % http://lynx.browser.org/