On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 03:06:28PM +0000, Roger Burton West ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 11:26:11AM +0000, Dave Cross wrote:
> >But I really don't think it's
> >everywhere. Look at the computer press. Do you see anyone talking about Perl
> >there?
>
> Look at the computer press. Do you see anyone talking about stuff they
> haven't been paid to talk about there? Even in my peripheral position
> (freelance articles) I was aware of pressure to say good things about
> specific companies' products.

It doesn't matter what the reason is (and I strongly suspect that you're
right). The fact is that unless you're talked about in the press, the
perception is that you don't exist. Either we can accept role for Perl
(and Perl 6) and get on with doing cool stuff in our incredibly small world,
_or_ we can do something about it and try to get Perl noticed.

I worry that if we take the first option then Perl will be dead in five
years.

Dave...

--

  Don't dream it... be it