On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 11:32:45PM +0000, Piers Cawley wrote:
>Roger Burton West <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> And I spent Monday setting up a Linux fileswerver which is now going to
>> be abandoned. Why? Because the person running it decided that something
>> that didn't say "Microsoft" on it was too scary, and he was "safe" with
>> Windows. People who have real experience don't make decisions like
>> that; it's the idiots we have to worry about.
>Please, these people are *not* idiots.

Anyone who chooses a fileserver which won't work reliably over one that
will - when the one that will has already been paid for, and the one
that won't will cost the company about L2,000 extra - simply because the
unreliable one has a pretty login screen _is_ an idiot. I'm sorry;
there's no way round that.

Roger