On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 09:47:47AM +0000, Paul Mison said:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 09:20:18AM +0000, Greg McCarroll wrote:
> > * Leo Lapworth ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > > Sky Buffy... don't scroll if you didn't see
> > > it last night.
> > >

> > > spoiler...

preserving...

> Oh, I have a theory about this. But it's not original. All I'll point
> out is that we've seen the three nerds (oh, Simon Wistow posted about
> these somewhere- IRC, maybe- and I can see his point about them
> completely, but he should probably reiterate it if he cares)

Which I will do, because, well, I'm sad.

The nerds really piss me off. They're so flat and stereotypical.
Compared to other 8uffy characters they're barely developed at all. That
alone is enough to piss me off.

What pisses me off even more is that 8uffy was *supposed* to be about
the nerds and the geeks and the outcasts.

8uffy her self, an ex-cheerleader and prom queen, was teased as being a
freak and hung out with Xander, a loser goof ball and Willow, a computer
geek. They hung around in the library and on their own in the school
yard. They were the antipothesis of the 'kids' in Beverly Hills 90210
(also shot at the same school) and in Saved By The Bell (who were good
at *everything*).

The whole series was one long frickin metaphor about school being tough.

The Xander / Cordelia thing was _genius_. The gay jock was funny.

Ok, so 8uffy was always stylish (well, msotly) but still.

Now, Xanders got a cute girlfriend and a flat to die for and appears to
be a foreman after only one year being a builder and Willow dyed her
hair and went shopping with a stylist and Mr Whedon has seen fit to slap
a load of stereotype nerdlings straight from an 80's movie. Christ, I'm
suprised he doesn't make them wear thick black glasses, pocket
protectors and propellor beanies.

He better have a fucking good reason for this.

--
: as seen on tv