* at 18/02 16:00 -0000 Robert Shiels said:
> From: "Struan Donald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > however you look at it globalisation is only good for the large
> > companies and not for anyone else.
> >
> sorry for snipping everything, but I have no idea how you can come to that
> conclusion. I'm not for it, but I can see many benefits:

<snip>

> Anyway, there are advantages for the consumer; there are disadvantages too,
> but it's not as black and white as you're painting it.

well yes. fair point.

on the whole though i think globalisation does not favour the consumer
as it's all about increasing profit and decreasing overhead and
generally i'd say that's not something that dovetails all that well
with the needs of either the consumer or, for that matter, the
employee.

who could argue all year about this but knows everyone else can't :)