On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 03:58:25PM -0800, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> > I'm sure there are plenty of lurkers on this list who would fit in

It is quite a difficult thing to walk into a pub and land in a room
full of strange people (people you don't know) who are all engaged in
varying levels of intense conversation.

I advocate more speeches involving the whole crowd - even if they're 2
minute efforts along the lines of, "Buy a tee shirt." or, "Come to the
next technical meet." or, "Here's our new fearless leader to say a few
words about what we're here for."

IMHO those moments give people a sense of, well, all coming together
to suffer the same thing and do a great deal for actually meeting
people you don't know.  And let's face it, everyone gets a kick out of
it anyhow.  Just so long as it doesn't drag out.

Or somthing.