> You contract will probably state that anything you write
> automatically
> becomes property of the company. One contract that I was
> presented with
> specified that anything I came up with ( software, financial method,
> lawnmower ) then became the companys property.

That's not so much the problem -- yes, the contract already says something
similar to that.  I'm now at the point of going in and saying "Yes, you own
the copyright on this piece of code.  Here's why it's going to be a good
idea
for you to release it under a (BSD) license anyway."

Global Messaging      Victoria Plaza, 2nd Floor     x21206