On Sun, 12 May 2002, Greg McCarroll wrote:

> However all is not well in the Dungeons of Doom[1], the machine is
> basically unreliable as f*ck. Now this may well be down to running
> Windows on it, but I feel that even Windows can last more than 15
> minutes at a time.

For diagnostics purposes, boot it up and immediately run something very
cpu-intensive (I mean, in addition to windows.  dnetc might be a good
choice) and see if that help speed up the crashes.  If it does, then at
least you can be fairly sure it is the CPU, and make rude gestures at the
vendor with a little more motive.

the hatter