On Sat, 18 May 2002, Steve Keay wrote:

> We also use datacash and it seems to work quite well - post the CC
> number, amount, etc.,  via https and they return "yes" or "no" with a
> transaction tracking number.

We use datacash, but I also get a lot of outage notifications from them
because something has broken.  Fear companies who seem to have established
and execute correctly their fault notification procedure.  OTOH they do
allow you do validate that the customers address is the cards registered
address, and verify that the user has seen the card, wit the CVS number
(or whatever it's called, the number that most cards now have printed on
the back, but which in unrelated to the card number, and isn't stored on
the mag stripe)

the hatter