On Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:03:41 +0100 (BST)
Mark Fowler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Without starting a massive database war, is there anyway to get mysql to
> forget about autoincremented values.
>
> For example, my test routine creates fake data (known) data in the
> database to see if it works.  Is there anyway to "roll back"[1] to before
> I did this after my tests have completed.

I generally do this by doing a dump of the database with mysqldump or phpmyadmin, to
a file of the database in it's un-tampered state. Then once I have run
the tests, nuke it and then put back up the version from the file/last
know good version.

--
Tony Kennick
TechnoPhobia Limited.

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the addressee and are
intended solely for the recipients use. If you are not the addressee, you
have received this e-mail in error. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author personally and
not TechnoPhobia Limited who do not accept responsibility for the contents
of the message.

All e-mail communications, in and out of TechnoPhobia, are recorded for
monitoring purposes.