On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 03:21:01PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 02:03:49PM +0100, Lusercop said:
> > I'm firmly supportive of the idea that someone who lets their box get
> > r00ted is not competent to have root access themselves.
> In the case of it happening *after* the bugtraq post about the
> particular hole maybe yes but if you were hacked before the hole was
> public?

The date of known infections by the worm in question significantly postdates
the advisory (30-Jul-2002, according to www.openssl.org).

Now, in general, however, I agree with you. There are obvious things you
can do to mitigate that risk, though.

--
Lusercop.net - LARTing Lusers everywhere since 2002