On 24/09/2002 at 19:26 +0100, Lucy McWilliam wrote:
>On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Earle Martin wrote:
>
>> > Mmm, curry.  I'm guessing it'll be busy.  Is 11am too early for a
>> > Saturday?  In case of emergency phone 07939 476024.
>> Count me in. Meet at Shoreditch station perhaps?
>
><looks at map> Sounds sensible.

Except of course for the facts that:

a) getting to the East London Line is usually Hard
b) it doesn't run at all on Saturdays

Although if you meant 'we should meet at it having walked there from
Liverpool Street, a station that is usually open, even if it is a
glorified Sock Shop emporium' that would be fine.

Oh, other handy hint: there are no trains on the Circle, H&C or
Metropolitan Lines through King's Cross most weekends at the moment
because of engineering works (to make it shiny and new for the Channel
Tunnel rail link). People coming to London from, say, Cambridge might
want to see if they can get to Liverpool Street rather than the usual
express to King's Cross.

This has been a public transport geeking moment. Thank you for your
patience.

--
:: paul
:: we're like crystal