On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 12:52:03AM +0100, nemesis wrote:
> I quite like big soft MUAs like mozilla mail so I run an IMAP server on
> the machine that gets the mail and use stunnel[0] to provide an
> encrypted connection.  It took about 10 minutes to set up and works like
> a dream.

The problem with stunnel is auditing. You see a nice, logged, connection
from J.Random.IP.Address to the stunnel, and then the IMAP server sees a
connection from localhost. Far better if you can integrate the TLS system
into the IMAP server. It's a good stopgap, though.

--
Lusercop.net - LARTing Lusers everywhere since 2002