On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Randy J. Ray wrote:

> On 2002.11.01 06:39 Alex McLintock wrote:
>
> > Programming Perl in the .NET Environment PRENTICE-HALL
> >
> > Now Why anyone would want to use .NET is beyond me, but maybe someone would
> > like to review it?
>
> For the foreseeable future, .NET is an unfortunate reality of developing web
> services. You may choose to develop your service a cleaner, more
> standards-friendly fashion, but lots and lots of people will still have to
> deal with the chore of writing clients against .NET servers.

The unfinished part of my talk at yapc::Europe was going to be about this
- I might finish the talk and give it at a tech talk sometime if there is
interest.

I have been doing quite a lot of stuff recently interoperating Perl and C#
thingies and once the weirdnesses of the SOAP implementations are
discovered it is all quite pkain sailing - but maybe that's just me ...

/J\