Do the candidates for leader feel that their attitudes and behaviour to new people in the irc channel are in line with the office of leader? Today we were visited by a new face, who has been active recently on the mailing list. Perhaps by virtue of some fault of their own, but probably due to the prevailing attitudes on the channel, some people were pretty rude to the new person.

One of those people is standing for leader of London.PM. My question is this: Is such rudeness appropriate, and is such an attitude what we are looking for in a leader?

I must say that I would find it extremely difficult to vote for somebody with such an abrasive personality, regardless of their technical skills. We aren't looking for a project manager, we're looking for somebody who will arrange social events and be (where necessary) the public face of the London Perl M[ou]ngers.

Just my tuppence.

/rataxis

--
S. Joel Bernstein :: joel at fysh dot org :: t: 020 8458 2323
"Nobody is going to claim that Perl 6's OO is "bolted on". Well, except