On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> PS Here's the actual scenario. User logs in and see a list of things.
>    This is what I'd like to be the "list" window, with a collection of
>    links to things to view, wrapped in <a target="view"...>. This will
>    pop up a "view" window. Now, in the view window there is a <form
>    target="list"...> which I'd like to have submit back to the original
>    "list" window - so you can see the workflow bounces between the two
>    (the user can deal with alt-tab'ing for now). The hard bit is,
>    without popping up a window, getting the browser to think the
>    original "list" window is named list. Right now, it doesn't and pops
>    a third window (whereupon the bouncing back and forth does now work,
>    but ignoring the original window).
>
>    ?? -> View <-> List

Any reason you can't user _parent instead of explicitly naming the parent
frame ?  At least, I'm fairly sure that's the name for it, I may well be
telling you big fibs, but have a hunt around for something like that, I'm
vaguely certain I'm not just making it up.  I just CBA verifying it for
myself at this instant.

the hatter