On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 09:55:15PM +0000, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> This is driving me nuts - I'm beginning to wonder whether it's even
> possible.
>
> Given <a target="view">...</a> (or <form target="view" or whatever) if
> the "view" window doesn't already exist, a browser will typically pop it
> up. And presumably internally name it "view".
> http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/present/frames.html#adef-target

I've given up on this in the longer term as I just discovered that XHTML
strict doesn't have a target attribute (for better or worse) so this is
now firmly in the domain of scripting.

Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ....................................... http://paulm.com/

"If the footballers of the world got together, then all would be
 revealed."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/