With Palm Vx & Nokia 8210

on Nokia enable IR (have to do this each time which can get annoying)

on Palm
-------
Preferences->Connection create a new profile, and make Connection Method "IrCOMM to
Modem"
Preferences->Network setup normal PPP connection, use the Connection Method you
previously setup for the Connection

Under Details setup connection type to PPP, then select Script and delete all entries
so the only entry is "End:" that way everything will be auto negociated

fire up your fav email app, and you should be able to dialup and grab your email. If
you dont have an email app there are a number of options available.  I use PaPi-Mail
as it support imap.

sorry, this is a bit rushed, if anything is unclear then please ask.

matt

--
matt baker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]