On 12 Dec 2002, Alex Hudson wrote:

> Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree, but I don't think you can just
> 'throw away' bits of the directory path (i.e., ./somedir/../ != ./ ).
>
> For example, on my system I can contrive a directory such that:
>
> me$ cat ./one/../test/file
> foo
> me$ cat ./test/file
> bar

Ah yes, symlinkage.

Not a problem for this example as web browsers use the simple method for
turning relative paths into absolute urls they can request.

It is relevant for file systems though.

> PS, What evil magic on this list makes Evolution1.2 think that
> List-Post is [EMAIL PROTECTED]?! Or is it just me? :)

That's probably just Evolution trying to be as much like LookOut as
possible and buggering things up randomly for you. It's probably a
"feature" :)

Simon.

--
"Do earwigs make chutney? Do spiders make gravy?"