On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 20:52, Simon Wilcox wrote:
> > me$ cat ./one/../test/file
> > foo
> > me$ cat ./test/file
> > bar
>
> Ah yes, symlinkage.

I suspect there are a number of ways of achieving similar effects :)

> Not a problem for this example as web browsers use the simple method for
> turning relative paths into absolute urls they can request.
>
> It is relevant for file systems though.

Ah, well surely your problem is worse then? I assumed that you were
operating at a file-system level, but if you're working with URIs then
you can't work out anything unless you're going to read the webserver
configuration in.

I guess if you make the assumption that there is no re-writing, and that
you're not going to access personal web directories, then you're most of
the way there and only have to contend with redirections (e.g., meta
redirect, etc.) in order to tell what content needs to be served for a
particular URL.

> > PS, What evil magic on this list makes Evolution1.2 think that
> > List-Post is [EMAIL PROTECTED]?! Or is it just me? :)
>
> That's probably just Evolution trying to be as much like LookOut as
> possible and buggering things up randomly for you. It's probably a
> "feature" :)

Bah, you don't know what you're missing :p

Cheers,

Alex.