On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 09:26:54PM +0000, Simon Wilcox wrote:
> The specific case I have is an old site with close to 1,000 files in its
> directory tree, of which only 380 are actually referenced from the
> navigable pages. Even allowing for some pages that are standalone, that's
> a lot of cruft I can clean out !

find $web_root -atime +180 -print0 | xargs -0 rm

If no-one's looked at it in six months, why keep it?

</bofh>,
Paul

PS If the site's public, there's no need to run a crawler as the search
   engines will've done this for you already. Then the -atime solution
   is actually quite viable.

--
Paul Makepeace ....................................... http://paulm.com/

"What is consciousness? The Yangzee in May."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/