On 7 Jan 2003, Nigel Wetters wrote:

> For example, it is possible that multinational companies (and ISPs) may
> use US-registered IP addresses outside of the USA. It is difficult to
> see how this could be measured.

When I worked for Morgan Stanley in 1998, they routed all their internet
traffic through a gateway in New York, carrying the UK traffic over their
own international private network. I also heard that many of the big
investment banks were doing the same thing.

So all their users will appear to be in the US although the situation may
have changed since then as the traffic had gone up.

Simon.