On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 12:40:54AM +0000, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> I'd like to do something which I think is conceptually
> straightforward but I've never quite put all the bits together, or
> found anyone that has.
>
> I'd like to duplicate a Debian install. Once I have all my favorite
> packages and apt sources etc I'd like to be able to make a boot CD that
> will install a Debian system with those packages. The CD could either
> have the .debs or pull them off the network, doesn't matter. I assume at
> that point it's easy either way.

Bollocks to that, just use dd.  That gives you changed files from /etc for
free, and all you'll have to do is re-run lilo.

--
David Cantrell | Benevolent Dictator | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

May your blessings always outweigh your blotches!
    -- Dianne van Dulken,
       in alt.2eggs.sausage.beans.tomatoes.2toast.largetea.cheerslove