On 17/03/2003 at 11:45 +0000, Andy Williams \(IMAP HILLWAY\) wrote:
Hi,

I've decided to enter the 21st century and buy a PDA.
Does anyone have any recommendations?

As a minimum I'll need the follwoing:

1) Get at my email using my mobile phone as the modem..... I guess Bluetooth
is the best way of doing this.
2) Read Word and Excel docs that people keep sending me.... grrrr!!
3) Read PDF docs
4) Usual calendar type stuff.
5) Games for those boring train journeys :)

Palm Tungsten Ts look nice (ie I don't have one), and do the Bluetooth thing. Down to £ 300, and come with a bundle of Documents to Go, I believe. So do some of the Sony handhelds, but they don't come with Bluetooth until they get very expensive indeed.

If you're happy using black and white and infrared, you can do all
this with pretty much any low end Palm OS machine, but make sure
Documents to Go gets bundled.

iPaqs and their Pocket PC brethren might be worth a look if you need
bigger devices, and are a Windows user. (afaik syncing to non-Windows
platforms is a pain.)

--
:: paul
:: we're like crystal