> > I assume that this was supposed to be:
> >   =~ m/\s*(?:y|(ok))/i

I did.

> > But this is hardly easier than 'eq'.

Easier for the programmer? Of course not! Heh, when I say better I mean
better for the user, and therefore a better bit of software. Programmers are
just staff, but users are people :-)

Any program that claims to accept the string "y" as input meaning 'yes'
(where there are limited alternatives, such as 'no' and 'maybe') must also
accept at least:

" y"
"     Y"
"yes"
"yes "

etc..

To not do so is broken, end of story. It baffles me that some people think
in the year 2003 it's OK to have software that does this:

> The program will now analyse the file "foo.db". This may take several
hours. Type 'Yes' to continue or 'Quit' to abort the operation.
> Please enter either 'Yes' or 'Quit'
> yes
> please enter either 'Yes' or 'Quit'

But I still see rubbish like this all the time. And we wonder why people
prefer GUI's.... ;-)

Jon