Quoting Mark Fowler ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Phil Dobbin wrote:
>
> > You can't go wrong with Jeffrey Friedl's `Mastering Regular Expressions'
> > (O'Reilly: 1-56592-257-3).
>
> You'd be better off with the 2nd Edition.
>
> O'Reilly: 0-596-00289-0
> http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/regex2/
>
> Shouldn't someone be reviewing this for the site?

I just finished reading it (privately). I agree that if you're serious
about regexes, you should read this book. The second edition also
contains chapters on Java, VB.net, ..

Perl is still the main languange of this book though. After reading this
book I was able to speed up a regex we're using in production by a
factor of 4.

Kris,