On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Chris Devers wrote:

> > Bzzt! You're forgetting the effect of uplift in a fluid.
> >
> > Now, of course, we're assuming the feathers are in an uncompressed
> > state....
>
> But you're forgetting the Manchurian Gambit of 1978, in which it was
> clearly demonstrated that this very gravitational maneuveur could be used
> to traverse the vacuum and end up at King's Cross station.

For shame, Mr. Devers! Oh, for shame! The Manchurian Gambit of 1978 has
been considered obsolete since 1981, after Lt. Col. Charles Monkfish
(rtd.) demonstrated that no feathers could exist at King's Cross station
without being attached to a pigeon.

In the words of Monkfish himself: "Like, duh!"

Ian

-

The soul would have no rainbows if the eyes held no tears.

Ian Malpass                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]