On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 05:40:05PM +0100, Simon Wistow wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 05:30:53PM +0100, Paul Makepeace said:
> > Not really without an indication of whether they're hiring H1B visa
> > applicants.
>
> They have done in the past and seem to be fairly willing to for other
> jobs recently.

Recent past? Any success actually having a H1B granted? By someone
without a PhD? (Serious question - qualifications count.)

This is, frankly, astonishing considering the thousands of critically
unemployed tech people in the Bay Area. By critically I mean as in
having to move back to their folks in Missouri. Also considering the
current administration's interest in hiring furriners is somewhat less
than zero.

Still, encouraging news for those wishing to get over there. My money's
on waiting for Dean or Kucinich to demonstrate viable Democratic
candidacy...

Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ....................................... http://paulm.com/