S Watkins wrote:
> Some people just don't seem to have got the message that the DotCom Era
> is OVER! *grin*

It was a stupidly fun way of raising cash for The Perl Foundation.  :-)

For this purpose, I copied and hacked on the search.cpan.org CSS stylesheet
and then paraded the orange-look CPAN around the room on my laptop.

Of course, being a wise chap in these matters, I created a template which
generated the CSS stylesheet so that I could quickly change the colour
and also parade hot pink and chartreuse versions around the room.

This seemed to shock people into coughing up enough money to prevent
London.pm from having their crazy-coloured ways with search.cpan.org.

Probably wise, in the long run.

If you want to play at home, you can find the CSS template here:

   http://andywardley.com/london.pm/search.cpan.css.tt

Tweak to your liking, then thump it through tpage to generate the CSS
file:

   $ tpage search.cpan.css.tt > search.cpan.css

Then tell your browser to use the custom stylesheet.

Enjoi