On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Earle Martin wrote:

> My wife, who is not from within the EU, requires a Schengen Visa[0] to come
> with me to YAPC::EU. So, I just called the French consulate's visa
> appointment booking line (which costs a fucking outrageous pound a minute)
> to try and get her one.
>
> They haven't got any appointments free until the 4th of August.

My wife, and some of her friends, have the same issue.

The solution is to completely ignore all this nonsense about making
appointments and just show up at the Embassy. You will have to wait most
(all?) of the day but you should get seen.

So long as she has all the required documentation she should be able to
get the VISA sorted out in time.

It's usual for the VISA to be posted out to arrive after about a week.

Note the amount of time you have to wait will be dependant upon how busy
it is, whether there's anything good on the lunch menu, etc.

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG               Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/           ADSL Broadband available now