Elaine -HFB- Ashton wrote:
> Getting fussy over having to carry an ID card, much like your health card
> and your Tesco card and your bank card and your credit cards...work on a
> more credible argument :)

The top ten more credible arguments for not carrying an ID card....

  10   I left my ID card at home.
   9   I have lost my ID card.  Well, I think I have.
   8   Actually, my ID card was stolen.
   7   Well, it may have been stolen, but more likely my wallet fell
       out of my pocket and slid under the seat of the car and right now
       I just want to walk to the shop and buy a newspaper, and not have
       to get on my hands and knees and root around amongst the soda cans
       and empty Marlboro packets.
   6   I am a vampire and the picture on my ID card is blank.
   5   I have a split personality disorder and my other personality
       has the ID card today.
   4   I am not a criminal or a slave and I don't want to be treated
       like I am one.
   3   I have no pockets.
   2   I have no hands.

and the number one reason for not carrying an ID card:

   1   I don't want to.

All perfectly credible arguments for not carrying an ID card, a
Tesco card, a credit card, a mobile phone or anything else that you
don't want to.  I've got no objection to ID cards and would probably
have one and carry it most times.  But I don't want anyone telling
me that I *have* to carry it.