Elaine -HFB- Ashton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Piers Cawley [EMAIL PROTECTED] quoth:
> *>
> *>Not if they stop you walking down the street.
>
> Well, in the US where cops carry guns, I wouldn't try that myself.

Cop with gun: Show me your ID, sir!
Me: I'm terribly sorry, I don't have my wallet about my person.
CwG: Okay, what's you're name and address?
Me: Albert Urquhart of 72, Regent Square, Doncaster.
CwG: Postcode?
Me: Um... I've just moved in, terribly sorry I can't remember it.
CwG: Right, you have seven days to produce your ID card at any police
station -- here's the appropriate bit of paper to bring along with it.
Me: Right ho. Have a nice day.

If they require my DNA they are going to have to arrest me to get
it.