Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
Dave Cross wrote:

You jest surely. Have you never seen "The Prisoner" or "Twin
Peaks"?

While Twin Peaks was pretty good, (and I enjoyed the companion movie as
well), I don't think it has the same level of achievement and
homogeneity than Buffy and the Prisoner. It's more like a testbed for
Lynch's next movies. Hopefully Lynch hasn't completely given away the
idea of coming back to TV...

And Wild Palms was forgettable. Well, I saw it and now it is forgotten. QED. It was a shame really, I liked TP, the movie was okay. Although I can't say I ever got as wildly excited as some of my friends.

The Prisoner was great, dated far too easily, and it's a shame that no-one rated it when it came out so it died a very quick death in terms of production.

B5 is awesome. I didn't get into it when it first came out and now need to see it all the way through.

You may all get your rocks ready for this one, I expect a stoning from the zealots. (and Lusercop because he can't resist a good stoning)

Buffy the TV series is a far too pale imitation of the movie to ever really make me watch it. Basically it just pisses me off. The plots and characters are, quite frankly, a bag of shite. I figure that since any Buffy criticism is going to be met with a hail of bullets I may as well tell you guys what I tell my friends.

The worst thing they did was make it into a TV series. (Along with lots of other great movies like Highlander, American Grafitti etc etc).