On 23 Aug 2009, at 09:18, James Laver wrote:

On 22 Aug 2009, at 23:04, s...@lightcapturepaper.co.uk wrote:

Tax man> you need to keep paperwork for up to 7 years.

~ S

My business paperwork, they ask me to keep for 6 years. I think that's because that's the liability cap (you can't try someone for an offence more than 6 years ago, so you don't need to keep anything older than 6 years).

But that's the appeal of digitising it. I can have the documents available digitally and not need the paper versions immediately handy. Possibly with the eventual goal of shipping boxes off to Iron Mountain or somewhere.

Prove you haven't dicked with a digital copy.

--
Dave Hodgkinson                                MSN: daveh...@hotmail.com
Site: http://www.davehodgkinson.com                  UK: +44 7768 490620