On 25 Sep 2009, at 03:45, lesl...@herlug.org.uk wrote:

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 12:54:17PM +0100, James Laver wrote:
On 24 Sep 2009, at 12:37, Ovid wrote:

He has an accent so thick (I'm told it's even thicker than other
scunts)

Contrary to popular belief, there is no scunthorpe accent. I'm *loving* the word 'scunts' though. Head a few miles away to Goole and there are accents galore. Goole is possibly the only small town to have it's own
set of regional accents. North Goole is nothing like East Goole.

Sad, but when I was somewhat younger, we used to look forward to going to scunthorpe. It was actually considered a day out. Of course since I
came from somewhere that had nothing more exciting than 6 charity
shops...

oh Sheffield lad, then ?

Oh god, don't. I shall be touring with a band in early November and
whilst the first two dates are civilised: London and Oxford, but from
then on we're in arse-ends like Sheffield, Nottingham, Stoke and
heaven forbid, Glasgow.

--
Dave Hodgkinson                                MSN: daveh...@hotmail.com
Site: http://www.davehodgkinson.com                  UK: +44 7768 490620