> From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thu Sep 21 22:37:59 2000
> Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 00:37:36 -0400
> Subject: LPRng: Samba -> LPRng -> Netatalk
> From: rgp systems <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> I've gotten Win98 machines to print to Samba print shares which go to
> appletalk printers (using LPRng & Netatalk). But, I discovered the windows
> driver is putting the following at the end of the file which is causing my
> HPLJ4M to choke:
You are using the wrong driver. Use a 'AppleLaserwrite' PostScript driver.
This will not put any of this stuff in the file. You can get one from
Adobe's web site.
>
> ^D^[%-12345X@PJL EOJ
> ^[%-12345X
>
> The job prints, then prints a blank page, then prints a postscript error
> page. I was able to get normal printing by deleting the abvoe lines.
>
> Think I read somewhere that control-D is needed by parallel ports to clear
> jobs, but messes up localtalk ports.
>
> There was an option in the Advanced button on the postscript tab of the
> HPLJ4M Postscript windows print driver to disable sending ^D after a job. I
> disabled it, but it seems to be getting sent anyway.
>
> Different Win98 programs behave differently: PageMaker 6.5 doesn't print at
> all (but if I print a file to disk and dump it to the printer with pap it's
> fine). Acrobat prints without error. MS Office programs all print with the
> error.
>
> Anyone know how to fix this on the Windows side? Or, if not, has anyone
> written a script, or filter mod, to remove these gremlins?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> --
> Randy Perry
> rgp systems
>
> Mac Consulting/Sales
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you need help, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (or lprng-requests
or lprng-digest-requests) with the word 'help' in the body. For the impatient,
to subscribe to a list with name LIST, send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
with: | example:
subscribe LIST <mailaddr> | subscribe lprng-digest [EMAIL PROTECTED]
unsubscribe LIST <mailaddr> | unsubscribe lprng [EMAIL PROTECTED]
If you have major problems, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the word
LPRNGLIST in the SUBJECT line.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------