on 9/22/00 3:32 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thu Sep 21 22:37:59 2000
>> Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 00:37:36 -0400
>> Subject: LPRng: Samba -> LPRng -> Netatalk
>> From: rgp systems <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>> I've gotten Win98 machines to print to Samba print shares which go to
>> appletalk printers (using LPRng & Netatalk). But, I discovered the windows
>> driver is putting the following at the end of the file which is causing my
>> HPLJ4M to choke:
>
> You are using the wrong driver. Use a 'AppleLaserwrite' PostScript driver.
> This will not put any of this stuff in the file. You can get one from
> Adobe's web site.
>
>
I've tried several Apple Laserwriter drivers; none of them would print (the
HP would blink a few times then stop, indicating a PS error). I got the HP
driver working OK after unchecking the 'Print Poscript error info' in the
driver properties and disabling sending Control-D (same settings I used in
the LW driver).
It seems that PJL jobs print ok (HP driver) but postscript jobs don't
(Laserwriter driver).
I'm testing this on my home system, but need to implement it at my clients
site -- and they want to print to a LaserWriter IIg with their PCs.
--
Randy Perry
rgp systems
Mac Consulting/Sales
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you need help, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (or lprng-requests
or lprng-digest-requests) with the word 'help' in the body. For the impatient,
to subscribe to a list with name LIST, send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
with: | example:
subscribe LIST <mailaddr> | subscribe lprng-digest [EMAIL PROTECTED]
unsubscribe LIST <mailaddr> | unsubscribe lprng [EMAIL PROTECTED]
If you have major problems, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the word
LPRNGLIST in the SUBJECT line.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------